Style Switcher
Current time: 24-04-2014, 09:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Forum was hacked (first hack in 2 years)
26-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Forum was hacked (first hack in 2 years)
Tja, what can I say, first time someone "hacked" this forum.
To be honest I expected this to happen sooner.
Hackers (script kiddies) are not what they used to be. I am very disappointed with this new generation. Sleep

Enough screwing around, I forgot to apply the newest mybb patches, and probably few other things. (eg, my weak admin password Smile )

But there is no big damage, I mean this forum has been dead for some time.

Restored few (2) months old database (newer backups were corrupt, beats me why). Few posts are missing but nothing important.

While I was at that, I purged with sword and blowtorch every registered user with 0 posts. That significantly reduced the size of a database.

Registrations are open. Smile

Enough of me, lets all have a really nice day. Sun is shining and my bicycle awaits.

"Freedom is irrelevant. Resistance is futile." -- Borg Collective
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2009, 12:49 PM
RE: Forum was hacked (first hack in 2 years)
I don't see what's the point of hacking this forum, and it takes ZERO skill to hack an out of date MyBB forum. It's a pity myBB has so many holes, I guess it's what we get for having the latest features. Anyway, nice to see the forums back up, keep up the great work Smile
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm glad you didn't have any major damage buddy Smile

It's also nice to see this place again, I've been locked out for far to long but I've managed to finally reset my password. Big Grin
07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
When you encounter any problem please report them to me. I'll try and resolve them as soon as possible.

To be honest I am not so active as I used to be.
My enthusiasm for mybb dropped. I am eagerly waiting for SMF 2.0 and Vanilla 2.0 though. Smile

08-08-2009, 02:01 AM
It wasn't this place, it was my google mail account. for some reason google decided to block e-mails from certain sites such as this and it's taken awhile for my account to be sorted, as they originally thought it wasn't a g-mail issue but I receive things fine elsewhere.

Does this mean you'll be moving away from mybb?
08-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I see, glad you sorted all out. Smile

I am not going to abandon mybb or my themes. I will still support them. Creating new themes is a completely different story. I don't have any free themes planed in the near future. Maybe few paid ones but even that is a long shot.

Do you know what happened with audentio? His site is in redesign for quite some time.

08-08-2009, 05:27 PM
He's trying to improve things behind the scenes, so the site closed during the time but I hear it shouldn't be long until it re-opens.
21-02-2010, 02:55 AM
I think you should make some more free themes to get more traffic and members!

[align=center][url=http://theforumforge.com][img]http://theforumforge.com/adpreview/tff-48080.gif[/img][/url][/align]
19-04-2010, 11:13 AM
No idea what they would have gained whom have hacked this site. What was the reason for hacking this site. I remember, few months before a site was been hacked. The only reason was the moderator prevented the member from forum discussion. The forum member being an old member got much annoyed and with the help of his friends, he hacked the site. Unfortunately I can't recall the name of that site.

It's good to hear that they haven't much damaged the site but though you must now take some crucial steps for the security. Prevention is better than cure.

[url=http://www.r4-ds-karte.ch/]dsi r4[/url]
23-04-2010, 10:38 PM
I can't understand. How do they get that much time behind hacking??!! Hackers go & get a life!!

[B][url]www.onlineearns.com[/url][/B]